Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MLK Speech


Before Martin Luther King Day we read many books about him. We also watched a video of his famous "I Have a Dream" speech and made a time line of his life. The kids wrote their own "I Have a Dream" speech. As the saying goes, "straight from the mouths of babes." Their ideas were creative, sweet, honest, and sometimes funny. Here is a sample:



I have a dream that one day my mom will...
~get paid
~get a new car
~be rich
~get $100 to Gymboree
~change the world

I have a dream that one day my school will...
~get a pool
~get more computers
~have more room
~stop bullies
~have more recesses

I have a dream that the world will...
~care for each other
~be healthy
~stop littering
~have no more drugs
~bring Martin Luther King back

No comments:

Post a Comment